Epic Armageddon Total War

08 - Galrisian - Winter-Manöver, 2nd chapter - Sector Ultima - 287MK41 - The XII° imperial army prepares the next steps of the war.

« Older   Newer »
view post Posted on 21/4/2016, 08:10

Group:
Administrator

Galrisian - Winter-Manöver
TTOS - ACT 08 - PDF version lowres

"Here are we — and yonder yawns the universe."
- HPL in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 929.M2.Holy-Terra.

700_IMG_0047

OST - Killing Joke - War On Freedom

700Cigar-smoking

" On the ancient temple of Antenorian forge,
Angry of vengeance the forgotten nemesis come.
Over plumbum gates they spread the scourge,
to steal their metallic glory great slaughter is done.

From Trojan blood will be Aquilonian pride,
when at the enemy will be lent the side.
Beware, Holy TERRA, by the eye in the ring,
Surprised and wounded, pray for the red king."

Constanze the Prophetess, burned as a Heretic 687.M38.

700Cigar-smoking

<< It has risen from the black sea a beast. full of blasphemous words, formed with the feet of the satyr, its forked tail sowing pestilence, its fierce mouth bloodstained, which opens only to blaspheme the name of the God Emperor. Look at its body, head, and tail, of this beast. Never dead. Insolent is the science, Supreme exults dishonesty, licentious the boldness of those who are called to defend the golden throne. Repent, for only the God Emperor can bless us all with victory, against this green and of every unclean beast of this hostile, doomed universe. >>
Lord Inquisitor Demonstates Flarius. Lord Inquisitor of Istanor VII System.

The Imperium of Man, a war-torn empire, teetering on the brink of collapse. For 10,000 Terran years it has been ruled by the deathless Emperor, a being of almost limitless psychic power, to whom thousands of souls are sacrificed daily. The universe is a terrifying and hostile place. A truly vast domain, the Imperium is spread amongst the many stars of the galaxy. Its territories encompass untold millions of stars and countless more human lives. In its name, terrible wars are fought and desperate sacrifices made, yet even this river of carnage and blood is a small price to pay, for the Imperium is the guardian of Mankind. Were it to pass into nothingness, so too would the human race, destroyed by enemies uncountable, to the braying laughter of the Dark Gods.

700Cigar-smoking

++ vox message recorded. Play. ++

<< Bread, steel, and the unshakable faith in the God Emperor and in the ultimate victory: this is the imperium and all need a good soldier. Lord General Joseph Petrescu, I appoint you Supreme Commander of the ground operations for the liberation of Galrisian. You will report directly to me. The God Emperor is watching you. >>
FIeld Marshal of the twelve imperial guard army, Cavalier of the East Cross, Lord Jasper "Immanuel" Tanaiser.

++ vox message recorded. Quit. ++

700Cigar-smoking

<< ... And the Holy Inquisition, he forgot to add. That cynic careerist, and unscrupulous social-climber. Lieutenant colonels, I want the strategic analysis of the major war-theaters and the imperial head quarters within the seven of this unblessed morning. it's time for great maneuvers! Napoleork is a cunning beast. >>
Supreme General Lord Joseph Petrescu. Supreme Commander of the ground operations for the liberation of Galrisian.

At almost fifty meters tall, the rhomboid-shaped Capitol Imperialis rivals a Titan in size. Solid adamantine plating and six Void Shield generators gives it a comparable level of protection. Its primary weapon is the massive Behemoth Cannon, so large that four Leman Russ Battle Tanks could fit within its barrel. The concussive force of firing the Behemoth Cannon can knock nearby troops off their feet and cause avalanches, while a single hit can kill thousands of enemy soldiers and vehicles, throwing them hundreds of meters into the air and producing a huge mushroom cloud. Secondary weapons include hundreds of Bolters for close-in defensive fire, and the hull can be electrically charged to repel boarders. Within its massive hold a Capitol Imperialis can carry two full companies of Imperial Guard, whether infantry or tanks. This allows the vehicle to act as a mobile bunker for troops, especially on inhospitable worlds, and the embarked soldiers can further support the Capitol Imperialis by fighting from its protective bulk.
The command bridge situated deep within a Capitol Imperialis allows its regiment's commander the tools needed to command his troops efficiently. Vox-gear, pict-casters, logic-engines and a holo-map, all serviced by hooded Servitors, gather, analyze and display information to allow the leadership to plan out their campaign. In the vault of the Capitol Imperialis "Aurora", the immense fortress and self-propelled imperial command center, General Petrescu with his staff discuss at the sinister light of dozens and dozens monitors and devices about battleplans, maneuvers and a way to approach "the beast from the east". A bustle of officers, emissaries and representatives of the heterogeneous forces that form the imperial army: tech priests, delegates of the Legio Metalica, Inquisitors, Commissars and military nobles of the planet!

davicincapit

[MAP, click to zoom]
unimapselection

After two weeks of bloody battle, thanks to the victory of Daltan, the Imperial forces were able to drive back the ork hordes outside the city of Kepler Secundus, creating in the barren surrounding land a cordon of forces sufficient to unite the front and keep the city safe. All along the Continental Line the Imperial forces are advancing, studying the crude but effective maneuver of Napoleork, concerned to accumulate forces between the triptych of the ork northern cities. A wedge, to stick into the chest of the Twelfth Army, during the decisive battle imagined by Napoleork. Near the Arcipelagus of Arianna the bulk of the imperial air force engaged hundreds of terrible battles against the orcs stukas fleet in an effort to prevent further landings of smaller warbands and kommandos on the planet. Yet, with the closing of the north front now the initiative passed into imperial hands. For hours, long hours the great elders, captains and generals argue in the capitol imperialis over where open the new front, and finally it's decided. Three weeks, the time to muster a force large enough, and the south front will be open. An imperial wedge not supported by the titan legion, composed of planetary forces and above all by the regiments of the Twelfth Army. Headed to the Ork city of Arzog-Ghar, Garsal when it was an imperial city. To defend it, according to statistics and forecasts, there will be only a minor force, that given the imperial numbers will be so easily crushed. With the Fall of Arzog-Ghar, the road will be open to Gargarus capital; and if the capital will fall, or besieged, or cut off, Napoleork will be cut off too from his next reinforcements. The Imperial attack from the north and south will force him to retreat in the three northern strongholds, the sea behind him. Trapped.

iconoclast

OST - Soundtrack ~ John Carpenter ~ Escape From New York (1981) ~ 26 ~ Over The Wall

C. Pastorius - Your plan, Supreme General Petrescu, is brillant. The southern Imperial forces will not need our support. The movement of the titanic battlegroups doesn't go unnoticed, while with a rapid deployment of armored regiments we can take by surprise our opponent.

F. von Weyers - The consolidation of our forces at the gates of Kepler Secundus has compacted the line, now we need those weeks to muster sufficient forces to launch, in unison, the imperial pincer assault, as we designed it. Keeping, of course, the orcs busy with skirmishes and false flag operations, especially on the central continental line, where they will expect a frontal, decisive assault. That will come, but at our conditions.

J. Petrescu - If only we had in support those chapters of Space Marines, that seems, would have to reach us, maybe the space wolves? The whole operation would be safer. In my seventy years of service I have learned to fear the orks, even when it seems that the battle is won. When, Lord Inquisitor Demonstates Flarius, is expected the arrival of the space marines? How many chapters?

D. Flarius - It's not of you, nor of Fieldmarshal Tanaiser, nor to anyone else to invoke and pray for that which is not his responsibility. The chapters will be available only when will be given them the permission to stand down from their grave duties.

F. Tanaiser - Very well. You have heard the Lord Inquisitor. The plan proposed here has my blessing, and in virtue of the power I'm invested it become Executive right now. We have no time to wait for space marines chapters that perhaps will come, or maybe not. I'll monitor in the next weeks your progress. At the command of the south army will be in charge Lord General Sebastian Venièr. Let's close this war quickly, so we can go back all at home.

700_IMG_0047

700_IMG_0047

700IMG_2434

700_IMG_0047

Legate C. Pastorius - IX and XI Legio Metalica Battlegroup! My bold, red warriors! You have distinguished and covered of glory. The operations for the transport of Implacabilis Vindictae have already started, Dacoy did not die in vain, and Implacabilis Vindictae will ressurect to new life, repaired, invoked and evoked, in the great forges of Charcall. It will take centuries, but it, he will return. Princeps Bezmenov, you conducts the operations in a brilliant way, you will receive more orders soon as the situation will be clearer, for now remain in command of the XI battlegroup and hold the line.

Princeps P. Bezmenov - Carl, this war seems to start on the right foot, we liberated the city of Kepler Secundus, but many ork warengines have escaped. We are postponing the decisive clash.

Princeps I. Baal - Hey, Pavel. We have just started. Don't rush, they will be again in our line of sight. I saw Dacoj falling, falling for a tactical error of the imperial deployment. I'm starting to be fed up to submit to the imperial generals, people who have spent their lives on the surface, to command between propaganda and shootings.

Princeps W. Herzog - We must obey. Baal. Would you perhaps challenge the sleepless eye of the Inquisition? Then remember, we have to keep quiet. keep silent about what seen in recent weeks, as asked us Pastorius: Those images, those errors in the machine spirits of our titans, could condemn of heresy our entire order. And you know what this means. I don't want to see Piombus in flames. Exterminated. I think it's not wise, among other things, move now to Piombus Implacabilis Vindictae, the Holy Inquisition could come and find out something...

Princeps Incendiarius - Fuck yeah! Boys... Fuck to this fuckin' planet and fuck at this fuckin' inqui...

Legate C. Pastorius - Shhhh ... Shut up, Incendiarius! You want to kill us all? Herzog is right, but time doesn't allow us to loose this opportunity. Now, only now that the city of Kepler Secundus is in our hands the operations, massive, that involve one of our supply starship class "Ancador", may take place. Then, we might not be able ever again. No one knows what the future holds. My warriors, you have fought like lions. Now rest and repair your steel bodies, at other battlegroups will be given the task of the upcoming maneuvers. Deus est Machina. Deus vult.

'One unbreakable shield against the coming darkness, One last blade forged in defiance of fate, Let them be my legacy to the galaxy I conquered, And my final gift to the species I failed.

-Inscription upon the Arcus Daemonica, attributed to the Emperor of Mankind.

700_IMG_0047

Edited by Radgraglio - 14/4/2021, 14:08

view post Posted on 28/12/2016, 22:26

Group:
Administrator

OST - The Cure - Prayers For Rain

"Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers, all of which are true and terrifying to know."
- Teachings of the Unholy. Inquisitor Czevak.

700clearshky

theenemywithin_heavenwar

<< I see, Til-Rael, my son, the gates of Ivanor, the house of Istanor VII, fall under the silent gaze of its immense giants, while the caravan of hell victorious will march on the avenue of splendors, I see many of our brothers fall, by the jaws of the wolves of Fenris and the wolves of the moon. A neverending night fraught of horrors. I see a feud, more ancient of the same heresy, that will be consumed again. Two names, two leaders. Until the end, someone willing to open the gates of Troy there is always. A human voice, sadly whispered me in a dream: the red king. Another one, this time dark and rotten gurgled: Shu-Turul. Two clans, two tribes and an hate ancient of forty thousand years. Who marched to the conquest of the galaxy for the Emperor of mankind, Babel, will now return to its downfall in search of a treasure to steal. And I see the ancient Emperor's heroes, restless in the realm where no one will never return fight their eternal struggle. But they are only illusions of Shiva, my son, possible futures, connected only by the sneaky and infernal cobwebs of the lord of change Tzeentch, which maybe we can head off or turn to our advantage. A seer of the men here, on Galrisian, was burned alive and buried, it was just a little girl, with a book old as the same TERRA, an artifact that can not stay here anymore. The arch-enemy is on his trail. If it fall into his hands, our destiny will be doomed together with their. If we act, we will face these dark clouds. Countless roads, my son, each of which is full of pain and death for our dying Alaitoc house. We must move, in the midst of this war, like a thief in the night. >>
<< I am ready, mother. I will lead our warriors where you will say, and we will be the cloak and the sword, silent shadows in the silent night under a deadly sky. Nor orcs, nor men will find us! >>
<< It's not of them I'll put you on guard, my son, but of a worshiper of the Nemesis of perdition, the supreme Harlot. Abbadon's mentor. A black, nameless sorcerer. Remember, my son. The future is unwritten. >>

700slaaneshending

700slaaneshending

Go to the next scenario

Edited by Radgraglio - 14/4/2021, 14:08

1 replies since 21/4/2016, 08:10   537 views