view post Posted on 7/10/2013, 14:21

Group:
Administrator

BTGR - ACT 13 PDF format

Abeldar - The razor edge
Ending of the second campaign's chapter

Let the Galaxy burn.
Horus

OST - Marilyn Manson - Resident Evil Main Theme (Extended)

<< What have I done! Oh my... >>
<< Gods? >>
<< You've deceived me! You have robbed me of my highest aspirations, transforming the dream in the darkest nightmares! May you burn in the warp forever, Nameless! >>
<< Remorse, sweet dear remorse. Bear it tight, my champion, because it will accompany you for eternity. Go back to your place immediately, your lifeblood is the bond that has allowed us to get here, if you die, all is lost, the curse will be broken before the rite is to be accomplished, and we will disappear as in a dream. You MUST live... Now, YOU, as the star system of Istanor VII°... are... OURS! >>

nalsamp

nalsamp

<< We are hidden behind the third moon of Abeldar, but they'll not take long time for find us! Hurry up! Hurry up by the God Emperor name! Godspeed You General Daikun. >>
Admiral Nalin Sampath on Starcruiser Ophelia at the ally fleet.

OST - AC/DC - The Razors Edge

estimated-8

estimated-8

<< At all the ally fleet, our Astropaths are receiving a storm of fragmented messages, the ork's fleet are crossing the line of the green river in mass invading the imperial space. What remains of the imperial fleet VITTORIA seems to be starting standard containment maneuvers. Napoleork came back from the war of Armageddon! >>
Admiral Nalin Sampath on Starcruiser Ophelia at the ally fleet.

estimated-8

estimated-8

estimated-8

<< It's your opinion that reinforcements will arrive from TERRA, General Daikun? >>
<< Reinforcements? Premised that all communications are interrupted, premised that the planet of Armageddon is on fire, how important is the star system Istanor VII° in the great imperium of men? Here, at the edge of the galaxy for millennia at war with the orcs. If Istanor VII° sector will fall, what will be left of us will be attached to the star system of Golconda. But I certainly don't want to finish at the orders of the anointed Governor Dimo Cyrus. If you think we are in the thoughts' heart of the high Lord of TERRA, I'm sorry to disappoint you. This is not the navel of the Imperium, but the asshole, of the Imperium! It's a miracle that came the space wolf chapter. We arrived, Nelson. Immediately convoke commander Damat Rustem Pasha and put secure all men from radioactivity. Be ready for boarding again. As soon as the space marines have rid the space port... >>
<< If, and when, Sir General... >>

700hellal

The flight of the Varuna

<< Sir General Daikun. Those bastards who tried to get us out of Fungus, it seems that today they have it really did. If the space port will not be regained, we must disperse the remaining forces that we have failed to take on board, and travel on Istanor with a handful of soldiers.>>
<< Commander Damat, you strived with honor, but the tactical disproportion was unbridgeable. They aren't men, but devils! I've already lost the valiant commander Frank Lionel Mandrake, on Fungus, I was afraid of losing you too. If the Astartes fail, disband the regiment not boarded, they will throw away their uniforms and abandon their vehicles, so maybe they will have a chance to survive the roundups of the incoming traitorous forces, in the days to come. You will embark on the Ophelia with me, and we will march on Istanor with what we have. We have no other choice? >>
<< My General, with your permission, we have another choice, if you have guts to listen to it. >>
<< Speak! >>
<< Do you remember the lost standard on Fungus? The blood axes clan, mercenary warriors who defeated me? If you give me your permission, I would try to fly on Fungus . There is still a chance that Kundra, the desert fox, is still there, or are about to leave. A fleet, then not so small, and a hundred thousand of orks "well-trained" for war, might help. This will not overturn the situation, whether to lay siege to the Istanor planet there will be millions of cultists and traitor imperial guard, but in a more restricted and vital arena of war , they may change the situation. I Will offer to them... I will offer them... >>
<< Give them what you want, but not the crown of Istanor VII°. It is not the first time that King Minos III° used a mercenary bands, but one thing is certain. You have to leave in the utmost secrecy. I doubt the Astartes and the Eldar would let you go, if they'll know you will come back with a horde of orcs. In the darkest hour in which we find ourselves, we aren't given the opportunity to choose our allies. You have full powers for this mission, let start the preliminary operation. A small vessel equipped for warp jump. "Adorn it" in the ork's manner, if the bulk of the orks waaagh is invading us, maybe you will pass unnoticed. What will happen once you will be on Fungus, I don't know. One thing is clear, it will be a miracle at this point, if one day I see you again alive. Farewell Damat! >>

estimated-8

estimated-8

<< Très Bien, boyz! Thiz iz la nuite of the vengeful knives, our chance to get rid once and foreva' to these miserable and puny hummies! I offer you such a WAAAGH whose booty iz so large that each of you will be able to proclaim himself Warboss! >>
Napoleork.

<< Every promise is a promise, Great Napoleork. No reinforcements will come to stop you now. The war still rages on Armageddon, maybe it's just begun. Go and take what is yours. >>
Nameless.

theenemywithin_heavenwar

<< We have only one weapon in our hands, Wolf Lord! Soon, eleven hours, twenty-five minutes and forty-three seconds a relatively short warp storm will unleash over the skies of Abeldar, an event that we expected by millennia, but that none of your primitive technology could have predicted. This was finally the ultimate weapon against you, you would be trapped here for days, you and the imperial fleet too, guaranteeing us a serene way to disengage. A trap that we can now turn back to our common enemy. This is the time that fate has granted us. Within this time we will have at any cost to sail, or all will be lost. No one, nor gods, nor mortal, can escape the law of fate, he tyrant. >>

<< For once your eldar tricks are used to something good, Alaitoc princess! A brilliant plan, I must admit, vile as brillant. Then, we have eleven hours, twenty-five minutes and forty-two seconds to crash them to the ground, and sail! >>

theenemywithin_heavenwar

estimated-8

estimated-8

<< The Daikun's bulk imperial guard forces, the eighteenth regiment, were sent on rout. For Odin... it was a massacre. These thousands of tanks and men will help out on Istanor. We have only one chance, or we must leave them behind on Abeldar. >>

estimated-8

estimated-8

estimated-8

estimated-8

<< My King, our Librarians are intercepting a vox-registration, a signal direct to all vox devices and telecommunications infrastructure on capital Istanor, it's fragmented and disturbed by the dark powers of chaos, this is what I have so far. No name, Old wolf, the traitor doesn't have a name yet. >>

++ loading ++
++ play ++
I declare that Istanor VII° system shall henceforth be free, free from the oppr ...ecaying emperor. The emperor! ...ce is maintained solely by the ...otting cancer guilty of having cast humanity in th ...tem liberated land, where democracy and the freedom of th ...tier for millennia, ...ver, we are not alone in fighting this war. ...ge and splendour of our New World will soon reach a magnitude never seen before. ...ut the last, incompetent heir of ruling lineage destined to oblivion. The Adeptus Mechanicus shall ...false truth.
++ stop ++
++ closing++

<< Do not have a name? Brother? Soon, instead we will have his heart in a silver platter! >>

estimated-8

Previously. 1 days ago. The first battle for Hopepeak.
unimapselection

Previously. 16 hours ago. The second battle for Hopepeak.
unimapselection

NOW. Outer space bay of Baras Military City.
unimapselection

700swdisemb

Planet: Abeldar
Sector: Outer space bay of Baras Military City
Relevance: regain the spaceport currently occupied by the forces of black legion and support the boarding of the remaining part of the eighteenth blitz regiment.
Force: 5' Great Company: Harald Deathwolf's Company.
Danger Level: Undefined. Codex Astartes. Outside imperial jurisdiction.

ARMY
5.000 Black Legion army. strategy 4
Download

5.000 Space Wolf (codex astartes pattern), strategy 5
Download

ARMY COMPARISON: Download

Battlefield:

- field: 120 x 240 cm
- building damage and collapse rule

SPECIAL
game length: check vicotry condition at turn 4, extendible at turn 5.
objective: objective must be placed only upon the elevated scenery set (namely inside the spaceport).

outspacebaras_battlefield

Victory condition and campaign effect: Classic Tournament.

<< Wolves? The are only miserable Dogs! Stygian dogs! Today we will drink your blood! Blood for the BLOOD GOD! >>
Sarok-Awrath, Black Legion Khorne Daemon Prince, commander of the blitz force on the space port.

OST - Resident Evil 3 Main Theme

estimated-8

Edited by Radgraglio - 14/4/2021, 13:10

view post Posted on 22/1/2014, 22:07

Group:
Administrator

BATTLEFIELD

IMG_8547

IMG_8548

IMG_8549

IMG_8550

IMG_8553

IMG_8554

IMG_8555

IMG_8559

IMG_8560

IMG_8561

Within minutes, the news of the arrival of the fifth space wolves great company is not a secret for the black legion, and the mighty vessel class Luna, ancient heritage of a class of starships of the first foundation, takes off. A vessel in use now only by the chaos marines legions.

IMG_8560

IMG_8561

DEPLOY

SPACE WOLVES STARCRUISER ARRIVING TURN: 4 - orbital barrage
BLACK LEGION DEVASTATION CLASS CRUISER ARRIVING TURN: 3 - orbital barrage

the black legion horde advances compact, like a phalanx of bolters and shields to the space port while the fifth great company deploy in skirmish, on the opposite side.

IMG_8561

IMG_8561

IMG_8561

IMG_8561

IMG_8561

IMG_8561

IMG_8561

Edited by Radgraglio - 14/4/2021, 13:09

view post Posted on 23/1/2014, 21:37

Group:
Administrator

TURN 1
Initiative: Space Wolves

The flight of the Varuna

OST - flight of icarus - iron maiden

An Imperial vessel class millennium. A class of small spacecraft, in this case obsolete, but still used in the imperial fleet as support ship for medium-short range mission. On its hull, near the two-faced eagle, spired its name, engraved in letters of thick steel: Varuna. Varuna in Vedic Sanskrit, the name of an ancient earth deities of times long lost, Asura of heaven, rain and celestial phenomena, but also of the law and the underworld. Now the ship is a gargantuan and pantagruelic jumble. Steel plates, obtuse and grotesque symbols, thousands of unlikely bolts applied at random, screws and various metal scraps, in the manner of the orcs, the Varuna is almost completely disfigured. The gray military is now smeared with red spots, yellowish streaks, scribbles and absurd phrases in a language that mimics the human one. Shortly, a job so well done that hardly an ork could recognize that under that heap of junk, here, there is an Imperial vessel, still working!

IMG_8568

IMG_8569

While the space port of Baras bubbling again of fire and death, immersed in the titanic clash of the space wolves and black legion, the Varuna, with on board commander Damat Rustem Pasha takes off, among some rare laugh in the general astonishment. Within seconds, the shapes of their comrades, what remains of the eighteenth regiment, vanishes as viewers in their rear. A sudden vertical take-off, as prepared by the pilot-Captain of the ship: Levian Threehands, who reluctantly had to attend, and ironically, to drive the bizarre changes to his vessel in order to ensure its functionality.

IMG_8570

The Hope runs fast. The hope runs wild. Again.

OST - Resident Evil - Songs | Tomandandy - Arcadia

<< Let annihilate them, were Abeldar to completely burn in flames. Daikun and the book have not to leave the planet. The book ...Bring me the book! Commander Sarok-Awrath. You must obey me! >>
<< In few hours, of their fleet and their armies, sorcerer, only ashes will remain. If it were not for our common Lord Abbadon, with that book I would clean my... Useless beast without a name! >>

IMG_8570

<< My wild beasts! Let hang them with their own bowels! Purge! Brothers! Purge with fire. there is no mercy, there is no redemption, for the filthy traitors! Only oblivion. Death! Death upon them! >>
Harald Deathwolf

haralddeath

OST - Iron Maiden - Phantom of the Opera (studio version)

The wait of the space wolves force the chaos army to advance. Sarok Avrath, the Daemon prince of Khorne don't appear on the battlefield, he is far away, somewhere, with his terminators ready to pounce on his enemies. The entire command of the chaos army is delegated to a Nurgle champion, Putridus Primus, a strategist acute as corrupt in soul and body. The entire army of black legion was prepared as a huge phalanx, covered on both sides by two detachments of forlorn hope, the black legion scouts

IMG_8580

The two Forlorn Hope detachments prepare an overwatch fire, thus compromising the effectiveness of a possible air assault from the space wolves thunderhawk and landing vessel, that replicate in a A.P.C. maneuver, followed by two thunderbolt fighters arrived directly from the starcruiser Ophelia. The chaos air force, two bombers hell talion and three swift death interceptors do the same.

IMG_8586

IMG_8587

On the side of the access platform which leads to the main elevated landing platform a space wolves bike company, a land speeders det. and the fenrisian wolves advance still holding the ground well covered, without tackling the climb to the top floor, while the huge black legion retinue of Nurgle advances fast and moves on the platform. Among their ranks emerges, putrid and arrogant, a Greater Daemon of Nurgle, a Great unclean One. A tower of rotten flesh, a vision obscene and hideous, stupid only in appearance, rotten golem.

IMG_8582

IMG_8577

IMG_8578

On the opposite side, Harald Deathwolf commanding his army, advance on the ramp before the big bridge with its main det., followed immediately by thier predators and the scouts det.. An approaching movement keeping well away from the enemy line of fire or assault route.

IMG_8581

The chaos army concludes its massive occupation of the main landing platform: advance the land raiders retinue, which moves in the middle of the Nurgle's horde, advance the predators that lurk on the access platform giving cover at the raptors cult just came to. Advance the bike quickly, still on the access platform, between the Nurgle's horde and the predators. The whole army of the black legion takes a leap forward, only to face an invisible enemy, still far away. An enemy that seems to refuse the battle, an enemy, in truth, that is just putting off the fight. Only to fight at his, of conditions.

IMG_8579

IMG_8588

IMG_8589

The black legion forces once again occupied the space port, but the game has just begun.

IMG_8584

ARMY STATUS END TURN 1: download

TURN 1. end turn.
Black Legion: 2 (defend the flag, they will not pass)
Space Wolf: 2 (defend the flag, they will not pass)

IMG_8584

view post Posted on 28/1/2014, 21:34

Group:
Administrator

TURN 2

The flight of the Varuna

"If the Adeptus Astartes are the Emperor's wrath, and the Imperial Guard His hammer, then His Holy Navy is His mighty shield."
Cardinal Kregory Hestor

IMG_8604

The Varuna whizzes fast over the skies of Abeldar, through thick and black radioactive clouds, throw over by the destruction of the capital Brindor, an incoming fall out.

abeldarcapitolazione

Quickly and following a route well designed to avoid contact with the numerous enemy thunderbolts squadron in patrol air control, the Varuna is in few minutes on a collision way with a storm of six enemy fighters thunderbolts. The enemy interceptors, certainly in disbelief at seeing rise to the sky an ork vessel, with a classic interception maneuver carries in its wake, but before they can open fire on it, a space wolves thunderhawk intercepts them first, knocking down two traitor fighters and dragging others behind itself.

unimapselection

On Varuna comes a brief message: << For Russ and the Allfather! May you succeed in your mission! Good Luck! >>; Levian not even attempt to declassify the message. Codex Astartes. Outside each navy registry, or imperial guard list, and so the unknown savior fades from their sight.

abeldarcapitolazione

abeldarcapitolazione

<< Fear and power. Never known. >>
Harald Deathwolf

haralddeath

The space wolves still keep the initiative in hand, while the black legion horde is forced to advance, in serried ranks to the main landing platform. As two fierce predators, two bloodthirsty beasts, the two armies stare across the great bridge that devide the space port.

OST - V Main Title & Final Battle Theme

Even in the sky, the clash is touched again. Breaks in the sky the entire black legion aviation, and the Astartes too. Both in air patrol control. Touch, but don't collide.

IMG_8599

IMG_8604

The immense horde of Nurgle is getting more numerous, gashes in the warp and putrid flare illuminate the space port. Tens of plaguebearers emerge from nowhere, creating a protective circle around the formation of Putridus Prime, cling to cohort alongside their father and master, the Great Unclean One. A compact and immense horde in overwatch, while in front of them, under the main elevated landing platform, the fenrisian wolves and the land speeders confirm their overwatch too.

IMG_8590

IMG_8591

IMG_8592

IMG_8592

Harald deathwolf, on the opposite side of the big bridge, try to take time as long as possible. Advance the formation of land raiders, advance the scouts and finally his great detachment, but keeping a safe distance from the incoming horde at the horizon. The lascannons of the predators crash upon the chaos land raiders, without effect.

IMG_8593

IMG_8603

IMG_8602

The army of the black legion, like a huge cobra, tightens strongly his grip on the space wolves army, a war of nerves. While the formation of predators in the rear prepares an overwatch fire, the first forlorn hope retinue sprint forward, protecting the entire front from a frontal assault, while the second retinue reaches the predators, and protects the back, placing the last piece on the chess board, in a perfect as diabolical strategy.

IMG_8594

IMG_8600

Another hour of battle is going almost silent, when the bike astartes detachment hurtling quickly under the great bridge in an attempt to encircle the enemy, lurking behind a ruined building. In the sky suddenly appears as rotten insects the raptor cult, which falls upon them. The warbike are fighting fiercely in an epic close combat, leaving on the ground fifteen of the chaos space marines, but are forced to retreat. The chaplain died heroically killing the opponent lord in a personal challenge. The first blood was shed.

IMG_8595

IMG_8596

IMG_8597

The wolf and the snake. Life or death. Victory or defeat, but no mercy.
The chaos army will do the first move. The imminent arrival of their space cruiser in orbit, as the space wolves expected, will show their plan. However, of Sarok Awrath, the Daemon Prince of Khorne, there is no trace.

IMG_8601

ARMY STATUS END TURN 2: download

TURN 2. end turn.
Black Legion: 2 (defend the flag, they will not pass)
Space Wolf: 2 (defend the flag, they will not pass)

view post Posted on 31/1/2014, 09:56

Group:
Administrator

TURN 3

The flight of the Varuna

OST - flight of icarus - iron maiden

Now the Varuna has just entered into outer space, leaving behind the war in the Abeldar's ground and skies, just to break into the apocalyptic orbital clash. The entire fleet of space marines and eldar is fighting a desperate war against the overwhelming imperial traitor fleet, and although "the strongest of the universe" are doing great slaughter of the enemy, the disproportion is unbridgeable.

varescapfromAbel

40knavybattle_abeldar

40knavybattle_abeldar

It will be only a matter of hours before both allied fleets will be annihilated. Hours, and only the God Emperor knows how many. The Varuna breaks into the chaotic space conflict, but keeping very close to the third moon of Abeldar, where the small fleet of Admiral Nalin Sampath is anchored by days, well hidden and ready if the space wolves will be victorious, to take on board the remaining imperial guard forces of Gen. Daikun still on the planet..

40knavybattle_abeldar

<< I hope... I mean, I hope... that you have a plan, when we get there on Fungus! Commander Damat! >>
<< Hem... Don't worry, commander Levian. I know who to look for! The problem is how to find him. But let's say more or less... well... improvisation is my art! >>
<< For goodness sake! Unless HE haven't planned to strike us by lightning, after have seen what we did to this poor imperial vessel. Ok. Say "Hello" to human civilization... Imperial Commander, and tie the belt. Here we go! Could the space and time open their gate! Destination Fungus! Curtain up! >>

CHAOS CRUISER INCOMING OVER THE SECTOR

Cruiser_comp_RAZOE

Now it's war, and that huge bridge seems to have been chosen by both as the ultimate theater of confrontation.

OST - V The Final Battle Theme

In the sky, the thunderbolts storm and the thunderhawk procede with their patrol wardance, holding in check respectively the chaos hell talions and the swift death interceptors, while the landing vessel wait for the decisive hour of the space wolves, but on the ground the chaos leads to sign his first shot. The formation of land raiders advance and before the predators can react, they crush them completely. The immediate retaliation, however, comes with the advance of the wolf's land raiders who destroy an opponent one land raider.

IMG_8605

IMG_8607

IMG_8608

IMG_8609

Now the battle is on the great bridge. Putridus Prime leads his immense horde to advance, a huge, festering, putrid advance. The horde arrive at the beginning of the bridge, dozens of chaos marines in the midst of many plaguebearers, all under the shadow of their Great Unclean One, it above all else. The horde of demons seems to resist the Materium, held and retained by the chaos standardbearer who proudly wave the symbol of their corrupted god. The horde advances and opens fire on the land raiders destroying one. Sigtrigg, the sniper. Sigtrigg, the scout's sergeant sees the standardbearer and orders at his detachment to target and kill him. Rain down on him a firestorm, but miraculously, a black miracle, he emerges safe.

IMG_8610

IMG_8612

IMG_8614

IMG_8615

Putridus Prime immediately recalls a forlorn hope retinue, which comes on the bridge protecting the new front, while the raptor cult regroup and jump on the main landing platform. But Harald Deathwolf forward with his detachment and force to retreat the chaos scouts.

IMG_8616

IMG_8617

IMG_8618

IMG_8619

IMG_8620

The chaos spacecraft has come. Rapids in the sky dart the chaos drop pods, a hellish rain that makes land a new retinue of Khorne. Swoop down on the primary enemy objective and open fire on the land speeders, which, however, break their alert and kill first thier standardbearer.

IMG_8621

The choas seems to have won, but the arrival of the Space wolf starcruiser betrays their apparent victory. There will be no victory without battle. Harald Deathwolf prepares to snatch a dangerous and difficult victory, to tear it with his teeth, like a pack of ravenous wolves. This taught him, this is written in their genetic code.

IMG_8622

IMG_8623

IMG_8624

IMG_8625

ARMY STATUS END TURN 3: download

TURN 3. end turn.
Black Legion: 4 (defend the flag, they will not pass, blitzkrieg, take and hold)
Space Wolf: 0

view post Posted on 7/2/2014, 10:41

Group:
Administrator

TURN 4
Initiative: Space wolves

<< This is a S.O.S. message. The planet is under siege, orbital defenses were swept away. Without reinforcements we'll capitulate in... ...or maybe it's just a matter of hours. This is a... ...from the planet Istanor, capital of the stellar system of Istanor VII°. The realm of Chaos... is here. The God Emperor protects. Roger and... >>
Fragmented message from Istanor planet detected on starcruiser Ophelia. Unknown operator. Device interrupted. Connection lost.

spadroppodrazor

<< Fenris breeds heroes like a bar breeds drunks - loud, proud and spoiling for a fight. >>
Grand Master Belial of the Dark Angels

The Hour of the Wolf.

OST - Bathory - Nordland II - Sea Wolf

The arrival of the space wolves terminators announces the tolling of the wolf finest hour. Twenty great warriors, in many legendary armor, stand between the Greater Daemon of Nurgle and their captain and leader.

IMG_8629

Harald Deathwolf once again takes the situation in hand. Well aware that his army, his tactical detachment and the land raiders, can't break through against the Nurgle's horde, order at the scout detachment to advance and shield the entire front.

IMG_8628

IMG_8633

Putridus Prime, with savage cunning, well aware of the many threats that will descend from the sky, barely holding his horde from a frontal assault order and execute an overwatch fire.

IMG_8630

The land speeders fly up and land on the main landing platform, opening fire and forcing to withdraw the forlorn hope retinue previously damaged, thus opening a path for the imminent Planetfall.

IMG_8634

The black legion army concludes the final preparations for the upcoming clash, promptly prepare an overwatch also the retinue of Khorne, while the land raiders open fire on their loyalists counterparts, but didn't knock down anyone.

IMG_8636

The sky is torn for a moment while twenty drop pods dart like a glowing balls before to reach the ground, but even before, the mighty thunder from the orbital bombardment which rush entirely upon the horde of Nurgle.

spadroppodrazor

spadroppodrazor

Their overwatch, however, allows them to limit the damage, saving them from a far greater destruction. The enormous explosion debris can't touch the ground, that's a firestorm unleash among all the chaos retinue. The deathwinds of two detachments break down without mercy repeatedly hitting all the formations. The raptor cult and the last forlorn hope retinue were forced to leave the sector.

IMG_8637

IMG_8641

IMG_8642

IMG_8643

Two tactical detachments land quickly from their capsules and engage the chaos warbikes. A reckless assault. The first line of tactical is almost swept away by the overwatch fire of the Nurgle's horde, while the second engages in firefight first, and then after in a fierce close combat the warbikes, to be, finally, defeated. Even the bikes retreat, decimated. Every meter in the middle of the space port is claimed by blind rage. The best fighters of the universe, for better or for worse, contend for it.

Heart_of_Darkness

IMG_8649

Fall mercilessly two hell talion bombers, followed by three swiftdeath interceptors, dropping a massive bombardment on the space wolves detachments gathered on the bridge, but miraculously only one rhino is knocked out.

IMG_8654

Harald Deathwolf, now, order at the entire front on the great bridge to advance proudly forward. Open the marching column twenty terminators that overcome the scouts; behind them the tactical and land raider detachments. The Fenrisian warriors advance under the Nurgle's horde enemy fire, and to an aberrant bubbling enemy. They advance by beating their axes, chainswords, their bolters and their hammers on the chest of their power armor. They Are close, very close. The wind that whip the space port lead to their nostrils the smell of rottenness and obscene corruption. The Greater Daemon of Nurgle in front of them laughs and gurgles, defiantly, looking at their supreme commander, Harald, in his eyes.

IMG_8656

Harald Deathwolf show his canines to Abeldar's sky, and with a savage howl draws to himself his Fenrisian wolves. The wolves snap forward, braving the overwatch fire of the Khorne's retinue. One wolf falls down, but the others with extreme agility overpass infiltrating the Khorne retinue and throw themselves upon the Nurgle's minion. A wolf assault directly the enormous mass of putrid flesh of the Greater Daemon, while all the space wolves detachments on the bridge unleash a massive and devastating support fire on the Nurgle retinue taken by surprise, mockingly fallen into the space wolves trap. All the Fenrisian wolves fall to the ground lifeless, all but one, Quorthon, which wounded and limping runs to hide behind his lord and master, Harald Deathwolf.

IMG_8659

IMG_8661

Comes from the sky quickly the astartes landing vessel, dropping behind Putridus Prime retinue a devastators and a vindicators detachments, unleashing all together a doubly devastating fire against the Marines of Nurgle, now under crossfire. The retinue of Nurgle is broken. The spell that keeps the demons in Materium breaks, and the Greater Daemon and the plaguebearers vanishes together with a fetid flash in the warp.

IMG_8663

IMG_8664

IMG_8665

The impact of the space wolves ends with the arrival of the thunderhawk gunshp, assaulting, thanks to the support fire of the just landed detachments,the retinue of chaos predators, destroying them completely. The final blow of the Emperor's faithful to throw off from the main landing Platform of the space port of Baras the forces of chaos.

IMG_8666

IMG_8669

Someone could call it victory, perhaps the most glorious victories, but it is not. With dismay, Sarok Awrath with his chaos terminators teleports on the great bridge, ready to unleash a wild melee to regain the bridge and once and for all crush the resistance of the space wolves. The last, deadly sting in the tail of the snake.

IMG_8670

ARMY STATUS END TURN 4: download

TURN 4. end turn.
Black Legion: 0

Edited by Radgraglio - 14/4/2021, 13:08

view post Posted on 11/2/2014, 10:58

Group:
Administrator

TURN 5
Initiative: BLACK LEGION

chaosterinrazor

chaosterinrazor

<< Kill! Kill 'em all! Blood for the blood God! >>
Sarok-Awrath, Black Legion Khorne Daemon Prince, commander of the blitz force on the space port.

By hours Harald Deathwolf, the commander of the fifth great company, was able to hold tightly in his fist the battle. After a preliminary approach, the first skirmishes, and skirmish after skirmish the two sides have come to the clash. Hard and crude, cruel and without mercy. The legion spewed from hell, the black legion, fall into the trap of the space wolves' planetfall and seems on the verge of defeat, but the appearance of Sarok Awrath on the battlefield with his terminators company puts into question again the outcome of the battle. On the huge bridge, which has become a tomb for the bravest and fearsome warriors of the universe, is about to take place the last face to face.

OST - Dune - Main Theme

chaosterinrazor

The tempestive arrival of the chaos terminators sudden snatches the situation from the space wolves's hand. The terminators devotees of Khorne ruled by the daemon prince Sarok Awrath teleport side by side at the Khorne retinue, on the bridge. Everything happens in a handful of minutes, a brief hesitation in the astartes' decision will be fatal. Sarok Awrath , with a wild cry, order the charge of both Khorne retinues. The Materium is torn again, but this time, are dozens of bloodletters to be regurgitated from hell, while the winged shadow of a Greater Daemon of Khorne stands upon the bridge. The space Wolves close ranks, the twenty loyalist terminators are achieved by many chaos terminators, while the daemon horde and the Greater Daemon break the space wolves' ranks, followed immediately by the rest of the retinues. The bridge becomes in a few minutes the scene of an apocalyptic clash. Dreadgnoughts, scouts, loyalists and chaotic terminators, chaos and loyalist tactical marines, rhinos, razorbacks, land raiders. A wild melee with no holds barred, outrageous and spectacular, does boil the great bridge of death, honor and epic glory.

chaosterinrazor

IMG_8677

IMG_8679

IMG_8681

At the height of the battle, Sarok Awrath screaming the name of Harald Deathwolf, seek him, he wants him under his axe in a duel, and the space wolves great captain answer. The bodyguards retinue of the two commanders assault one another, while the two heores are fighting furiously, both seriously injured fall to the ground. Sarok Awrath is dragged away from the battle, wounded and screaming, now beaten while Harald Deathwolf retreats also seriously wounded, hold up by his most loyal warriors. Alive, but both defeated.

IMG_8684

The battle is coming to an end, and as the Marines have sold their lives dearly, the bridge becomes their tomb. Serious are the losses in the ranks of the devotees of the blood god, but the wolves are overwhelmed: only the company of Harald Deathwolf manages to escape the massacre, slightly damaged, with some survivors of the other detachments in tow. The assault is lost, but the battle for the chaos is far from be won.

IMG_8685

IMG_8686

The space wolves, even without the voice of their leader, proceed by following their own instincts, and return to attack. Asymmetric warfare. Schemes and tactics refined in those ten millennia that separate them from their traitor cousins. The assault marines detachment assault the land raider retinue, and thanks to the support fire of the landing vessel, the vindicators and devastators, destroy completely the chaos tanks, gaining the chaos primary objective.

IMG_8687

The black legion reacts rapidly and run to contest its primary objective, which is the access to the main landing platform, with what remains of the raptors cult and warbikes, carefully avoiding the contact with the enemy. On the other side, what remains of the immense Nurgle's horde prepares an overwatch fire, while some tactical space marines advance and challenge the respective primary objective, bringing the battle to a stalemate.

IMG_8688

The black legion forces have undoubtedly hit hard with the conquest of the bridge, but the impetus is now vanished. Whizzing across the sky now undisputed two bombers hell talion, opening fire on the landing vessel, the devastator and the vindicators, without great effect, while the swifth death interceptors carry out an air patrol control maneuver.

IMG_8689

The Space Wolves, now, see one and only one chance to win, and run through with determination, fighting until the end of their strengths.

OST - Bathory - The Messenger

Militarily, for both sides, the losses are very high. The conflict has reached a level of ferocity of rare magnitude. Advance the vindicators, advance the last two land speeders and advance the devastators detachement unleashing on the chaos warbike a firestorm, forcing them to retreat and driven back their devils in the warp. One after the other the astartes detachemtns have take position. By diminishing the enemy, now only the chaos raptors cult stands to defend their primary objective. If it fall into the hands of space wolves, they will have won the battle.

IMG_8691

Wisely, in the previous hour, the thunderhawk had landed only one of the two assault detachments embarked, and now all hopes are pinned to victory in this final, decisive air assault. The vindicators, the devastators, the land speeders, everyone is ready to unleash their support fire in the next engage. The thunderhawk hurtling into the sky. A thunder. A short but intense roar pierces the evening, but quickly three long trails are following it. Three swifth death Interceptors fighters. The thunderhawk with an elusive maneuver evades the obliterators flak fire, but three interceptor's missiles going to sign. The fuselage holds the first, but the second and third impact deeply on the right wing, destroying it. The thunderhawk reaches the destination , lands, falls with all its crew before the astonished eyes of their fellow brothers, turning into a fireball. The last chance of victory, for the space wolves, has vanished in flames.

IMG_8693

IMG_8695

IMG_8696

Now the stall is complete. The forces of the black legion and of the space wolves are no longer able to fight, but time rewards the dark forces, which in this black hour seem to celebrate their most undeserved victory. The loyalist marines, on the sector of the space port not yet touched by the conflict, bring into operation the imperial class ship Unicorn, and recovered their detachments with the landing vessel, after less than an half hour, leave the sector, defeated. The Imperial ships depart, as makes his entrance, triumphant, the black legion flagship class "Luna", thus consolidating the strategic victory of the chaos forces. So the curtain falls on Abeldar's war, a war started by the Eldar, and finished by the dark demonic powers of the Immaterium.

IMG_8697

IMG_8698

IMG_8704

IMG_8705

IMG_8707

IMG_8710

IMG_8699

ARMY STATUS END TURN 5: download

TURN 5. end turn.
Black Legion: 0

SPACE WOLVES AND BLACK LEGION PLAYER DECLARE: DRAW
Battle tactic result: draw
Military result: draw
Campaign strategic result: space wolf must retreat leaving the space port on chaos's hands.

BLACK LEGION VICTORY

view post Posted on 19/2/2014, 09:29

Group:
Administrator

btgrCHAP2end

btgrCHAP2end

<< The creatures of the Warp are just "aliens" too, but they are not life forms as we understand the term. They are not organic. They are extra-dimensional, and they influence our reality in ways that seem sorcerous to us. Supernatural, if you will. So let's use all those lost words for them... daemons, spirits, possessors, changelings. All we need to remember is that there are no gods out there, in the darkness, no great daemons and ministers of evil. There is no fundamental, immutable evil in the cosmos. It is too large and sterile for such melodrama. There are simply inhuman things that oppose us, things we were created to battle and destroy. >>
Horus - on Sixty-Three Nineteen, after the Battle of the Whisperhead Mountains

OST - Metallica - Orion (Studio Version)

btgrCHAP2end

btgrCHAP2end

<< Let break the ranks! Break lines abandoning the uniforms and scatter. One last thing I command you, to you who were here: to survive. Let escape the round-up! >>

daikun_nelson_razoar

The last message of Gen. Daikun reaches all the detachments' vox device, now trapped near the Black Forest. The last attempt to leave the planet vanishes. Abeldar has capitulated, the planetary forces have surrendered, and now the clock is ticking. General Aristoteles Daikun, among his staff, embarks on an Arvus ship, escorted by Commissar Nelson, two aspect warriors and two space marines, his bodyguards, or better said, the guards of the precious book that bears with him. The Arvus lift off fast, quickly escorted by two thunderhawks and half dozen Eldar Nightwings. To the Ophelia, destination: Istanor. Preparations have now begun, and the eldar trap is ready to catch the traitor forces totally unprepared. In this darkest hour, a series of fortunate than ever expected, events, as provided for forgetful time by the Eldar seers. Daikun reach which remain of his army embarked on the Ophelia starcruiser, but there is no time, nor reason, for any kind of happy celebration.

++ Nameless, inform the future Lord of Istanor that the space wolves army is won and what remains will be held here on Abeldar. The attempt to regain the space port has failed, and with it also fails the attempt to boarding what remains of the Daikun's Imperial Guard Army. The space wolves fleet, the Eldar, and the navy loyalist too gathered in the outer edge of Abeldar orbital space, in retreat. Their annihilation is next. ++
Incoming message by Black Legion HQ from the Outer Space bay of Baras Military city.

<< Sir. General, the enemy fleet is lowering the deflectors and raising the void shields, preparing to jump into the warp. Destination calculated: the planet Istanor. >>
<< Fool! In doing so they only accelerate the time of their fall, rushing into the arms of our powerful fleets, imperial and black legion united. Let order to half of our ships to be ready to follow them, and start the preparations for our big celebration... we won. >>
<< General... our devices on the flagship and those on the others are beginning, in these seconds, to malfunction. Electromagnetic waves, ebbs and flows of varying intensity, as if...
<< If what? Talk! Admiral! >>
<< ...As if our entire fleet is going to be in the eye of a storm! In the midst of a warp storm! >>
<< But it cannot be! Let Bring immediately our fleet out of here!! Hurry! Hurry up! >>

escape_01

escape_02

Few, short minutes. Everything happens in the time needed for win, or lose.
One after the other, first the Astartes fleet, then the imperial and finally the Eldar fleet jump into the warp, under the astonished eyes of the traitors naval armies, whose ships are now trapped, helpless, in the middle of a warp storm, for days if not weeks.
Daikun, from the Ophelia cockpit, alongside Admiral Nalin Sampath, intercepts a short message, a gasp of hate. Recognizing his voice, a wry smile is paint on his face. Bosch. Arkimbald Bosch:

<< Let bring out our damn fleet! How is possible that we haven't predicted it? what the hell we were shown on these damn imperial tarot! This damn storm! We were ripped off! Those bastards... Damn, that's what happened: There have escaped and we were defeated! >>

escape_03

escape_04

Destination: Istanor.
Now not all is lost.

OST - Entering Hyperspace STAR WARS

btgrCHAP2end

JUMP TO THE 3RD CHAPTER'S PROLOGUE

7 replies since 7/10/2013, 14:21   1215 views