Epic Armageddon Total War

03 - Fungus - The Siege of Gorka, 1/2 XVIII° regiment with III° Legion metalica siege Gorka

« Older   Newer »
Radgraglio
view post Posted on 21/6/2013, 13:35 by: Radgraglio

Group:
Administrator

TURN 3
Initiative: ORKS

<< With all due respect, Sir General, you are a living contradiction. Your rhetoric against war, you would do well to whisper it more silently, if it came to the Governor Minos III°'s ears, he should ask your dismissal at Alexander Ross. Or even worse, you could end up prosecuted by Lord Inquisitor Malachia Von Fundesberg in person. >>

<< You see, dear Nelson, my superiors leave me squawking what I want for the simple reason that I'm irreplaceable in this damn border, forgotten even by our beloved God-Emperor too, and they know it very well. I have fought many battles, many wars, but until now there have been few "right", maybe even one. War is a shit! Behind those freshmen there are faces, men, families, mothers. You know very well where you can insert your useless rhetoric of political officer with me. Nevertheless, it's better fight them here, that on our planets, I will never forget the siege of forge-city Mariman on Saidon-Kai. God damn it! You see this bullet splattered on my armor? It look like an imperial pound: missing only the eagle symbol. Here, this is the money, the reward of a soldier. >>

OST - Come Along and Ride This Train Johnny Cash with Lyrics

epicclash

codOphe-repD29-63: Transmission open.
codOphe-repD29-64: 87 thunderbolt and aquila fighters have engaged an air clash over the atmosphere in the quadrant of the lostlands against around 150 ork fighters "stuka". We can hold them.
codOphe-repD29-65: Transmission closed.

epicclash

From inside Gorka three mighty soopa zzapp fortress, leaving behind a dense tar trail, move outside on the desert, unleashing their powerful cannons against the shadowswords, damaging them heavily. The orks counterattack! Five black contrails appear on the sky, five ork fighta bomma "stuka" hurtle quickly over the ork main fortress, dropping as many missiles at the shadwoswords, soon joined by a heavy massive barrage from the blasta Gargant. A coordinated massive attack, too much for them. On the first super heavy tank a large crevice appear from which spring a huge column of fire out of control; the remaining two super heavy tanks, damaged, consolidate their position in retreat.
The imperial retaliation however is immediate, three marauder bombers squadron whizzing upon the grey sky of Gorka: Five bombers, in two waves, repeatedly barrage the soopa zzapp fortress brigade, while last two intercept the stukas fighta, shooting down one and forcing them to slam into the approaching imperial lines: a storm of anti-aircraft fire. One after another, the four ork fighta crash to the ground, followed by a roar of flame.

epicclash

epicclash

epicclash

epicclash

epicclash

epicclash

epicclash

epicclash

epicclash

epicclash

The bulk of the imperial army advances rapidly, sometimes even on march order towards the new front line, even closer to the ork's walls, concentrating the main strike force on the left side of the walls, previously damaged by the combined heavy fire of the manticore artillery and Titans. However, the fourth infantry detachment mounted on gorgon heavy tank, at the end of their move, is located at the tip of the advancing imperial column; not supported by the rest of the approaching troops. An opportunity too good that the orcs don't hesitate to grasp. From the sky an ork-landa quickly launches a ground attack, landing directly into the soldiers' ranks, overwhelming them. Its metal doors open wide with a thud into the ground spewing an ork horde that soon, of the imperial detachment, leave only a pile of corpses. The commander and the assigned Commissar also fallen, with only fifteen men and three gorgon tank what remain of the mechanized infantry detachment run in retreat through the bulk of the advancing reinforcement. But once again, the Imperial retaliation was immediate. A stormtroopers platoon mounted on valkyrie quickly comes and fire at the ork mob, followed soon by the fire of the praetorians combat servitors, the skitarii light artillery and an entire mechanized infantry detachment. While the warlord titan Justitia solemni advances destroying what remains of the retreating ork mob, the warlord titan Ira Canentes move and engage the ork landa at the ground, and with a powerful burst of laser burner reduces the ork vessel in a casting of steel steaming.

epicclash

epicclash

The manticore artillery receive the order to barrage the flak tanks brigade inside the ork tank facility, for clear the way at the marauder bombers inside Gorka.

epicclash

epicclash

epicclash

The remaining imperial assault forces proceed following well-defined guidelines, as ordered by General Aristoteles Daikun, encouraged and driven to sacrifice by commissar Nelson, compact advancing towards the eastern boundary wall, ready to take the hit and overwhelm the orcs, focusing straight to the tank facility, first objective on their way. Although the mood is kept high by their whimsical leader, considered a second father, everyone knows that many of them will not see a "tomorrow". The army of General Daikun is almost a family, and not just feared by orcs, forged by decades of battles, skirmishes, pitched wars, sieges and what they excel: blitzkrieg. If it were for imperial salary, very few would be here today, to die with his face in the sand in a hostile world, cruel, between the tusks and heavy weapons of the orcs, and this General Daikun knows very well: these men, yesterday , today and tomorrow, will fight for him, and the weight of this responsibility rests on him, as always, as the heaviest black burden.

epicclash

The General looks at the horizon, the ork swarm on the walls and from inside the citadel, and with a deep sigh draws his bolt pistol. There is only one way to command an army like this and have the respect of his soldiers in these borderlands: live, fight and die like all of them.

OST - ACDC- For Those About To Rock

Edited by Radgraglio - 14/4/2021, 13:29

7 replies since 2/6/2013, 10:24   1913 views