Epic Armageddon Total War

01 - Prologue - [CLICK HERE FOR READ FROM THE BEGINNING THE CAMPAIGN], 1st chapter - Sector Ultima - MK41

« Older   Newer »
view post Posted on 30/5/2013, 09:01

Group:
Administrator

BTGR - ACT 02 PDF format

Beyond the Green River
Segmentum Ultima.
Napoleork Realm.

OST - Escape from New York Main Theme

The green river. The last frontier in segmentum ultima: at the border ot the star system of Istanor VII°. The green river, a figure of speech used in that system, a "virtual line" that traces the boundary that marks the end of the Imperium with the adjacent ork's kingdom of Napoleork.

unimaphires700

[MAP, click to enlarge]
unimapselection

unimapselection

“Barbarianism is the natural state of mankind.
Civilization is unnatural. It is the whim of circumstance.
And barbarianism must ultimately triumph”

Robert E. Howard - 930.M2.Holy-Terra.

<< The Twelfth imperial guard Army will be stationed near the star system Istanor, and must contribute to the defense of the last front of our civilization in that sector, defensiveness, though it is authorized to carry out little blitzkrieg if them can bring benefit and ward off a possible escalation of the conflict. it is categorically forbidden a massive frontal attack that would cause a greater reaction of the orks endangering the entire sector, and ultimately the imperium of men, that in the best case will turn in a mutual assured destruction. >>
Holy order by the High Lords of HOLY TERRA. M36

The Forgeworld Istanor VII° is the last imperial bastion in front of the cruel Napoleork kingdom. The date of its foundation is lost in the folds of history. In the current year, in the forty-first millennium is governed by the imperial governor Minos III°, supported by tech priest of the Adeptus Mars. Reigns at the apex of the adeptus mechanicus the Great blacksmith An-te-hai Tung, a creature more machine than man.

unimaphires700

In the vast industries are manufactured thousands of tanks, warengine, support-tank and components for the space harbour located in the neighboring planet Fistandante, where the bulk of the imperial, military and merchant, fleet forward and bringing back by thousands of years, exporting goods and forage in the endless ork's war frontier, or supporting wars light years away. Istanor is the capital world around it "gravitate" dozens of minor planets, huge fields of military training, agricultural worlds, huge and ashen industries bubbling blacks and poisonous fumes. A star system varied and well-differentiated to ensure all the resources that the huge war machine, civil bureaucracy and the industry needs for its survival. In the dark forges of Istanor VII° is also located one of the most important forge of the ancient titan legion Legio Metalica, huge rooms where these ancient war machines are repaired, and, more rarely, rebuilt. Besides its ends, begins the reign of Napoleork. A wide constellation of feral worlds or monstrously industrialized, but always effective in a primitive way typical of the orcs. Forging an immense destruction that almost regular intervals vomits hordes of orks, an invasion after the other, sometimes small, skirmish, sometimes of extreme violence. The Twelfth imperial army stationed in the area for centuries, ready to intervene in defense of the planets under attack, and sometimes breaking into the ork kingdom with hit and run actions, in order to block the Waaagh before this size becames too dangerous.

<<move the twenty percent of our fleet and of the Twelfth imperial Army, pure madness! with which forces the High Lord of TERRA expect we can hold and protect this system? As soon as the orcs will know about this retreat! A battlebarge, several cruisers and the related support fleet, are not crumbs that go unnoticed. The orks soon will organize a counter-offensive. I fear.>>

<<supreme Lord General Alexander Ross, I've got fresh news, imperial astropath communicate that there is an ongoing offensive on a scale never before recorded in Armageddon sector. I have here a report concerning Hive Infernus, I don't know if you want to see it. We received the "clearance" by the Governor Minos III°, who has warranted sending all the troops not strictly necessary to the defense of planetary systems.>>

<<that sector is cursed. Armageddon! In God Emperor name. General Lord Winston Goeken. My heart cry to see you leave our army, you are my best strategist. You will lead the reinforcements of the Twelfth Army towards Armageddon, and hopefully it will be a short war. Will good wind brings you back, as soon as possible.>>

unimaphires700

<<what say the emperor tarot, my Dark Lord?>>
<<they say only one thing: after one thousand years. That our time has come.>>

unimaphires700

<<our spies report a massive movement of ork tanks and infantry on the industrial planet Fungus, ruled by the Warboss Gruntag Skullcrusher. Many men have lost their lives in this exploration, but those few who returned have brought with them strong evidence of giant warengine facility in the sandy lostlands, near the mountains Sorkar: Gargant, battlefortress and every other diabolic invention that the ork technology is able to produce. These are waaagh signs, my Lord.>>
General Aristoteles Daikun. XII° imperial army.

unimaphires700

<<well, and here we are deprived of our best general, with one in five men on the road to the damn Armageddon. We can't call them back. Direct Order from Holy TERRA. From what I see the orks are preparing for a massive invasion, but are not yet ready. We could set up defenses on closest planets: Abeldar and Orionor and create a protective cordon with our space ships in the alleged points of impact, we have the time. Yes, so we will fight an exhausting battle for months both in space and on the land. We can't take this risk. The data speak like an invasion army, not a blitzkrieg, nor a their typical raid. You know what will happen after? Now I know very well our neighbors, "What's happen" is that one after another, the ork Warboss, attract by blood smell and from easy booty, they cast on us like a stormy sea. And now we are weak. Maybe they know, maybe not. General Aristoteles Daikun. Right now you are in command of the strike force that will moves on Fungus. Your order is to hit deep into the heart of the ork industrial apparatus. Annihilate their energy resources and their heavy military capacity. You will command the 18th assault regiment, take down even the auxiliary to the reserves if necessary; this must be a blitzkrieg in classic imperial style. We don't have the numbers to get bogged down in trench warfare. Ah, I forgot. You have only one chance, of course. If the attack for unfortunate fate should fail, I impose you to retreat immediately within our borders, in which case you will return to the agriworld Abeldar, and you'll arrange the defenses for the sure retaliation.>>
supreme Lord General Alexander Ross. XII° imperial army.

unimaphires700

<<i understand your reasons, Lord General Ross, but this time I found in disagreement. In my opinion, on Fungus the orks are preparing for an internal war for supremacy. A good portion of your fleet has just left, and you will bring the attack? Are months that the situation is stable, that your attack succeeds or fails, it will create turmoil in the ork's kingdom. Napoleork will take revenge. Hope I'm wrong, but I find it an useless provocation as an useless risk.>>
Ivanor's Governor Minos III°

unimaphires700

<<sssshhh... yes I agree with the Governor'sssss dubt. you ssss Sir Rossss will have our sssssssupport. Issss impossssible walk without the God Machine and win the day. The God Machine sshhh.... will be at the XVII° regiment'ssssside. Yess? Oh, yesss. We'll want it. Oh. The God Machine want it. The III° Legio Metalica will sssshh... march with you, as Godsss and under thier sssssshadow the imperium of man 'll triumph. Yesss. We want it.>>
Great blacksmith An-te-hai Tung of Adeptus Mechanicus

unimaphires700

CLICK HERE AND GO TO THE FIRST SCENARIO: THE BATTLE OF HELL-ALMEIN

Dear readers,
for those who want it, it's now possible download the campaign also in pdf format.
Unfortunately, the interactivity (link-youtube) is lost, but the visual-literary structures remains perfectly intact.

HIVE INFERNUS LAST STAND
Previously, as campaign background, Hive Infernus Last stand: https://eatotalwar.forumfree.it/?t=65295817

HILS - 1/2
HILS - 2/2

- Hi-res pdf package: download
- Pictures and status package: download

BEYOND THE GREEN RIVER
Below the available PDF version of the BTGR campaign.
Campaign endeds

BTGR - ACT 01
BTGR - ACT 02
BTGR - ACT 03
BTGR - ACT 04
BTGR - ACT 05
BTGR - ACT 06
BTGR - ACT 07
BTGR - ACT 08
BTGR - ACT 09
BTGR - ACT 10
BTGR - ACT 11